Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Introduction

Welcome to my blog! I'll be posting here for two of my graduate public relations courses at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications: PRL 614 (Advanced Writing for Digital Platforms) and COM600 (Social Media Strategy & Practice).

I graduated in 2012 from Syracuse University with a B.A. in Political Science, where I co-founded the first annual "Life Gets Better Together Conference" on campus. Life Gets Better Together is not just something I do in my free time (or lack thereof), but the fruit of my passion for stopping LGBTQ-based hate in our everyday lives. For more information on LGBT 2013 (coming this spring!), see wwww.lifegetsbettertogether.com

I am one of ten Imagining America Engagement Fellows on the Syracuse campus who work part-time in the Syracuse/CNY area on projects that engage their scholarly pursuits relevant to their graduate work. Built on the university's principles of "Scholarship in Action", we aim to better the communities in which we live through real work that applies what we have learned in our classrooms.

I also work as an instructional associate for COM 505, the undergraduate Newhouse course, Communications Law for Journalists, and as a research assistant for Dr. Brenda Wrigley for her upcoming book with Cathy Renna on LGBTQ issues and public relations.

My career goals are to work in a not-for-profit or university setting as a public relations practitioner or advancement/development professional.

Stay tuned as I blog about my adventures in PR 2.0 learning!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! You are obviously a very busy woman. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete