You will need:
2 cans crushed tomatoes
Italian seasoning (OR basil & oregano)
1 lb ground beef
2.5 cups Italian bread crumbs
1) In large pot, combine 2 cans of crushed tomatoes with 1 can of water. Coat the top with equal parts garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Set to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
2) Using your hands, blend ground beef, bread crumbs and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mold into meatballs!
3) In a microwaveable casserole dish, place meatballs into 1 inch of water. Cook in the microwave on high for 7 minutes.
4) Add meatballs to the sauce!
5) Continue to stir the sauce & meatballs occasionally on medium-low heat for 2 hours.
6) After 2 hours, add 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the sauce. Stir.
7) Continue to cook the sauce for 1-2 hours, or until it has thickened. Add additional spices to taste.
8) Serve over pasta, and enjoy!
- If you wish, you can boil your pasta IN the sauce! This gives the pasta more flavor. However, if you're making the sauce with the intention of freezing the leftovers, simply cook the pasta separately.
- Some people like to add a bit of sugar (about 1/3 cup) to their sauce. This makes it a bit sweeter, which isn't my taste, but if you enjoy this go right ahead!